LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandpass filter for 5 to 15 hz

Hi,

I need to use a band pass filter for 5 to 15 hz.  When i use 100 v 50 hz  input signal and connect it to the bandpass filter for 5 to 15 hz. i am not able to detect the frequency which has to between 5 to 15 hz.

Thanks,

Surya S

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,376 Views)

We will be needing clarification to help you with that.  Mostly because a bandpass filter is supposed to remove all frequency components outside of the pass band.  50Hz is >3.3x the highest frequency that is supposed to be passed so it should be reduced in amplitude to nearly immeasurable (depending on filter characteristics and instantaneous dynamic range of the detector) e.g. an Typical 3rd order inverse Chebyshev filter would attenuate 50Hz components by @60dB

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,366 Views)

Actually i need to design bandpass filter for different ranges. like 0.1 to 1hz and 1 to 5hz and from 5 to 15hz. i have attached my model and also i have attached my vi for 5 to 15 hz. can you suggest me what i should do to get my frequency ranges.

thanks,

Surya S

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,321 Views)

Well, you could pass the same signal into four different filters (similar to your model)  What you have in your vi is filtering a filtered signal rather than applying different filters to the same signal.

Have you worked with LabVIEW before?  Have you read the help file on the create filter Express vi?  Did you look at any examples using the example finder?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,310 Views)

I know some basics in labview only.

1.the output i get through bandpass filter is between amplitude and time. how to know the frequency response.

2. How to design that high pass filter using summing delay and low pass filter.?

Thanks,

Surya S

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,303 Views)