LV2011 SP1

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Eugen Wiebe
Bernstein AG
CLAD - Certified LabView Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,820 Views)

Are you sure this is a bug with LabVIEW?  What is this ASI_Communication assembly?

Perhaps the issue is with the assembly not reporting itself properly.

How does this look in other versions of LabVIEW?  How do other .NET components appear in this version of LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,811 Views)

Yes, Im sure, it is. Windows Explorer shows me the right Version number in the tooltip, even the LabView Selection Dialog shows the right version (BTW: It's an assembly written by me).

The assembly itself reports its version correctly, its only LabView not showing the version correctly in the tooltip.

(Further suggestion: Also the Context help should show the version number of the assembly if you point on the constructor, a method, a property or even the connection line)

In other (older) LABVIEW versions it also occured

BR

EW

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Eugen Wiebe
Bernstein AG
CLAD - Certified LabView Associate Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,808 Views)

Hello Ewiebe,

I tried it with several assemblies ( mscorlib, NIDAQmx ) and I observed the same behavior from the tooltip, all the info about the assembly is displayed except the version. It looks to me that it is a cosmetic bug, and is not related only to your assembly. I will check if a corrective action request is already created, if not I will be creating one.

Regards

Mart G

AE NIC

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,780 Views)

Hello Ewiebe,

A Corrective Action Request was already created for this bug, the CAR# is 164483. You can check the release notes of the futures versions of LV to check if the bug has been fixed, Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention, we really appreciate your time.

Regards

Mart G

AE NIC

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,774 Views)