LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOD controlling Nanotec servo (Labview+visa+Daqmx)

I'm using a set-up where I control a servo with Labview. I run the VI, set some speeds to the servo, and within minutes, Windows gets a BSOD. I would like to know the cause of the problem and a fix please.

What am I using?

- Windows 8.1 (and windows XP before)

- Labview Student Ed 2014

- NI Visa

- NI Daq mx

- USB to RS-485/422/232 Converter

- Nanotec servo

- Nanotec Labview example: http://en.nanotec.com/support/application-notes/labview-example/

What happens?

I open the VI, set the com port. Run the VI and set some motor speeds. Within minutes windows 8.1 gives a Blue Screen, with the error MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS. In Windows XP, this gave the error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. After rebooting, windows 8.1 shows Automatic Repair. 'Automatic repair couldn't repair your PC', and refers to C:\WINDOWS\system32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt.

This is 'Startup Repair diagnosis and repair log'. This gives some actions that take 0ms, untill finally:

Boot critical file c:\windows\system32\drivers\nipbcfk.sys is corrupt.

Repair action: File repair
Result: Failed. Error code =  0x2
Time taken = 8546 ms

Opening that file in notepad shows this: http://pastebin.com/dwp2X5er

Can anyone spot why Windows goes into a BSOD, and how this can be prevented?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,843 Views)

It sounds like the installation of some NI drivers failed on your system. Can you please re-install those? I recommend to uninstall the current installed ones first.

Also, please try to install the latest driver versions. If you are using old drivers (e.g. from an out-dated driver DVD), it is possible that you have drivers installed which were never tested with Windows 8.1.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,805 Views)
Please don't link to some odd third party site for attachments.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,794 Views)