LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BROKEN MULTIMETER

HELLO  when i switch my multimeter on it  flashes the negative sign   and the number 1.on the ohms  is it broken  thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,227 Views)

This forum is for helping with LabVIEW programming questions.

If you have a problem with a multimeter - you should contact the device manufacturer or look in the instruction manual for the device. It could be  that -1 indicates infinite resistance - have you tried touching the probes together - you should get a very small number (0).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,216 Views)

ok thanks for your reply  let me be a little more specific...i have switched it to dcv voltage  reading showing  ooo and the minus sign  flashing  without no probes connected to mulltimeter   ,when i connect the probes to multimeter  still the same   when i switch to 200 ohms still with out no probes connected it comes up on readin 1 . with dot after it  when i move to 2000 the dot dissappears just leaving the number 1 only on reading  no dot  i have touched probe together  nothing at all..this happens  when probes are connected   or not

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,207 Views)

@TCHAIK wrote:

[...] is it broken  thanks

It sure sounds broken to me.  You're welcome.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 4 of 7
(5,198 Views)

Have you checked the batteries?

Message 5 of 7
(5,147 Views)

And who makes said DMM?  Maybe you should be asking them.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 7
(5,126 Views)

How much experience do you have using a multimeter? 

I can make mine "reading showing  ooo and the minus sign  flashing  without no probes connected", but it is most certainly not broken.

I'd recommend going over some multimeter basics - lots of resources and videos online on basic usage of them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=multimeter+basics

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,112 Views)