LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BK Precision 8502 Constant Current Mode

Hello,

I'm using a BK Precisoin 8502 to simulate as a load. I can talk to it fine, except when I need to change the constant current value after it has already been turned on. I am initializing the BK, turning it to CC mode, setting the value, then turning it on.  I need to change this value to test something else, but it's not responding, although it responds to a subsequent read command. I've attempted to try and turn the output to false first, and then reprogramming the constant to no avail. Can anyone shed some light as to what's wrong/what's going on/?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,527 Views)

mlam13,

How are you communicating with the instrument? What command are you sending?

David H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,485 Views)

Hi David,

I'm communicating with it through VISA. The commands that I send to it are depicted in the image below: BK 8502.PNG

This is in a subvi, and when I want to change the constant current value it goes through this code.

I was able to change the current by using only the set constant current VI directly into the main portion of the running VI, but I still want to know why the original method was failing.

Thanks,

Megan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,462 Views)

Can't really tell much from looking at this - can you post the rest of the code?

David H.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,444 Views)