From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B1500 read data while measuring

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to control my B1500A. I need to read datas while B1500 measuring.

All drivers are provided with a reading after measurement completed. I didn't manage to read the buffer before the end of the measurement.

does someone know how to do this?

many thanks

Claire

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,431 Views)
Trying to read a measurement before the measurement is taken does not make any sense to me. Please explain with more details.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,412 Views)

I need to do a sampling measurement, so I program for example 100 points with an interval of 1 second or with a sweep measurement, from 0V to 1V with a step of 20mV.

and i need to recover data as the measurement.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,404 Views)
I still don't understand your issue. Are you not able to get the values after the sweep is complete?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,393 Views)

ok, I need to know the result during measurement because if the current is too high, I stop measuring. Otherwise I might destroy my DUT.

PS: excuse my English.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,388 Views)
I don't believe you can do anything until the sweep is complete unless you do one step at a time in your code.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(4,381 Views)

I can do this with a 4156, I recover data every second. but with B1500, there is a data output buffer, I don't know how it works.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,376 Views)
Then you need to study the manual and post to Keysight if you don't understand.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,367 Views)

Well, if I've posted my question here it's because I hoped someone could help me. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,359 Views)
But your question is not related to LabVIEW. It's very instrument specific. Someone here may have experience with it but the experts are at Keysight.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,354 Views)