LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ayuda con GPIB y VISA write

Estoy utilizando el LabView para controlar 4 instrumentos (Osciloscopio, Generador de Funciones, Fuente de Poder y Multimetro), los instrumentos y la computadora ya se encuentran conectados por medio de un bus GPIB el cual se conecta al USB de la computadora, el programa es sencillo solamente le doy la direccion gpib o visa del instrumento al programa y despues concatenco las instrucciones y se las mando al instruemnto por medio de un VISA write, y listo, al principio si logro controlar los instrumentos, pero despues de un tiempo en el que se esta corriendo el programa me sale el siguiente error Error -1073807339 VISA Write in (nombre del .vi), ya estuve buscando en internet las posibles soluciones pero no logro encontrarla!,.
Gracias
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,648 Views)
Error -1073807339 is a Time Out error. First try a simply command: "*IDN?", or whatever your instrument uses for Identify. If that works, the instrument does not like the command you are trying to send when you get the error.

Alta Vista translation:
El error -1073807339 es un error del descanso. Primero intente simplemente un comando: "*IDN?", o para lo que su instrumento utiliza identifica. Si ese los trabajos, el instrumento no tienen gusto del comando usted está intentando enviar cuando usted consigue el error.

Les Hammer
Complete Test
Les.Hammer@CompleteTest.com
Message 2 of 5
(2,644 Views)
Ok, i´ll try the *IDN command, but i don´t know if i have to try it before i put the instructions to the instrument, or while i´m sending the instructions,
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,632 Views)
A Timeout error indicates that
1) the instrument does not understand what you sent (look for typing errors)
2) the instrument does not have an answer yet - set a longer timeout
3) there is a communication problem:
a) - bad/broken/loose cable
b) - wrong address

Sending a simple query command - receive answer (without doing anything else) lets you check for #3 - communication problems. Do this in a separate test program.

Once that is working, check for typos. If that's OK, then check how long it takes the instrument to respond to commands.

-- Les Hammer
Message 4 of 5
(2,625 Views)
Hi Jaunito:

One more thing to try is sending the *IDN? command from Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX). Under devices and interfaces you can open a VISA session to your instrument, then in the Basic I/O tab execute a write of *IDN?, then execute a read. If you still get a timeout then it is possible your instrument doesn't understand *IDN? and you can find some other command that is acceptable for your instrument to write.

Emilie S.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 5 of 5
(2,614 Views)