From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Averaging in intervals

Solved!
Go to solution

My main Program operation is to turn on a heater for a specified time (10 s), and put it off for 60 sec. Data between 30s-50s is averaged. This is repeated for a required number of cycles. The top loop tells the heater when to switch on and off ( not included completely), and tells the bottom loop when to start averaging. The bottom loop cannot have a outer while loop, and the random number function cannot be placed inside a new while loop. Currently I get a average of the data after all cycles. Would anyone be able to suggest me in a direction where I could get the average for each individual cycle. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,856 Views)

1. You really should turn your top loop into a State Machine.

2. Your FGV would be more efficient as a Global Variable

3. You might want to have a look at the Mean PtByPt.vi for keeping your average.

4. You might also have a look at the Boolean Crossint PtByPt.vi for telling the Mean PtByPt.vi when to reset.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 4
(2,835 Views)

Thanks, using the PtByPt vi's hepled. However, I'm still off my average as the data when the boolean turns off is added as well. Is there any way I could exclude that data point? I have incuded getting the average by using shift registers and can be run for a single cycle for comparison.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,791 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author prithvibasak

See if this helps some...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(2,771 Views)