LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Averages for number of loops

Solved!
Go to solution

Returning the outer loop resutls in two rows of data which I am struggling to classify. Please see the attached

Islam means peace
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 23
(714 Views)

Please attach your code so we can see what you are doing.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 23
(707 Views)

Here it is crossrulz. Thank you for your help.

Islam means peace
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 23
(699 Views)

Sorry for the duplication in my reply

Islam means peace
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 23
(699 Views)

Still waiting for it to be solved. Any idea?

Islam means peace
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 23
(680 Views)

I still don't know what you want.

What is the meaning of "classified"? Since the x y data contains much more points than the averaged x y data, I still don't see how you want to squeeze it all into four columns.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 23
(675 Views)

Hi Altenbach,

Based on my experience, in some occasion you need to see the data of individual loop without averaging in case something wrong happened to any of the loops during the operation (although the averaging in most cases would be desirable) . And also to compare the behavior of one loop with the averaged one. So, the data come to me with this code is hard for me to extract the information that I am looking for.

So, I would like to have the data to be separated into four columns and saved to text file as I mentioned in my previous posts.

You are right that X and Y points will be more than the averaged points but that should not be a problem. The excel file at the end should contain the following information:

IN col. X                         Col Y                          Average X                          Average Y                         

N* 250 points           N* 250 points                     only 250 poins                    250 points

Islam means peace
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 23
(671 Views)

So you really want 2*N+2 colums and 250 rows?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 23
(641 Views)

Hi Crossrulz,

If I set the outer loop to 3 (no. of loops), and assuming that the inner loop would give only 2 measurement points,  the data file should has the following data (just for example I use arbitrary numbers which may be generated by the random number generator)

col. (1)        col (2)               Col. (3)                              col. (4)

X                    Y                  ave (X)                                ave (Y)

0.1                    0.3             (0.1+0.2+0.4)/3                (0.3+0.5+0.8)/3         

0.2                    0.4             (0.2+0.3+0.5)/3                (0.4+0.7+0.2)/3

-

0.2                    0.5

0.3                    0.7

-

0.4                    0.8

0.5                    0.2

Hope that expalins what I mean.

Islam means peace
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 23
(636 Views)

Thanks. It really wasn't clear at all before. Try something like this....

(EDIT: corrected mistake, please re-download attachment, now saved in LabVIEW 2010)

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 23
(621 Views)