LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically labeling plot legend using XY Graphs?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi JaymeW,

So I was able to create what you showed. However, the plot legend didn't change. Please see the attached VI.

What am I doing wrong?

Message 11 of 18
(1,549 Views)

Forgot to attach the data file

Message 12 of 18
(1,547 Views)

Hi murchak,

Sorry for the confusion; the property node that you were using before is the correct one, all you need to do is add that additional property to it.  Here is a screenshot (instead of a VI snippet) that is hopefully more clear

Also, be sure that Active Plot is above Error Bar Name because the node executes from top to bottom.

Jayme W.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 13 of 18
(1,534 Views)

THANK YOU.

I am sending my VI. 
I am naming plots, by constant parameter different for each plot. 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,442 Views)

Georgesvk wrote:

I am naming plots, by constant parameter different for each plot. 

This thread is already marked as solved and has not seen activity in years. Why are you posting this???

Your VI uses a format specifier that is invalid in most of the world (using a comma in the numeric specifier ( %,2f instead of %.2f). The plot naming convention also seems quite specialized and not useful for the typical case. Your VI will just confuse.

If you think you have made a universally useful VI that could be of interest to the community, start a new thread and describe in detail why it is useful, show some typical application scenarios, and provide full documentation. It would also help to clean up the code a little bit (logical layout without overlapping wires, add comments, etc.). Also change the connectors so inputs are on the left. Right now you are violating quite a few basic design guidelines.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(1,429 Views)

Super old thread apologies for dragging it up again, but I was trying to make this method work and thought it would be easier to ask in here than start a new thread with the same basic question.  I am trying to auto populate the plot names with an array of strings, and used a similar method, but it always seems to state that the XY graph is not in Edit mode (err 1073) no matter where I put the property node (I have tried putting the write function before the other data is written at the same time, and after)?  This is probably a really stupid question but I am stumped..... 

Using LV 2011 SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,175 Views)

Hi stew,

This is probably a really stupid question but I am stumped..... 

Yes! 😄

You are trying to change the label of the graph - this will only work in edit mode as the error message says.

Maybe you should try to change the plot labels instead?

Btw. using AutoCleanup (Ctrl-U) will improve your block diagram as long as you don't follow the style guide…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 17 of 18
(1,164 Views)

Hah that does make more sense!  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(1,156 Views)