LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically adjusting simulate arbitrary signal points when the LVM file changes

Hello,
Is there a method to control the simulate arbitrary signal vi_? I'm reading data from a Labview measurement file and simulating it with simulate arbitrary signal vi. But when the points on the data changes the data in the simulate arbitrary vi does not change and I have to define the signal and load data from the file by hand. Is there a program that loads data in the simulate arbitrary signal automatically when the data changes.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,513 Views)

Hello Caner,

Since the simulate arbitrary signal vi is an express VI, there is no way to load different LabVIEW measurement files on the fly without using the wizard interface.  However you could configure the VI using the wizard interface.  Once you have the express vi outputting one lvm file, you could open the block diagram to see where the path gets loaded.  You could modify that part of the VI so that you could cange the lvm file used.

I hope this helps.

Steven T.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,503 Views)
Thank you for your message. One thing I dont understand is this: As the lvm file is created by the ''Write to LVM file'' vi I want to simulate that immediately. So if there new data points created that LVM file is going to be changed but that file is not loaded on the simulate arbitrary signal vi because that is not done automatically. I couldnt really get your point on how to accomplish this '' simulate arbitrary vi'' to get the new data loaded in its interface as the vi is continuing to run. If you have any other suggestions for programming this part (i.e using another vi) that is also welcome. Thank you..
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,497 Views)

Caner,

The Simulate Arbitrary Signal vi just allows you to create a waveform with the data from a LabVIEW Measurement File.  You can only choose the lvm file when you are configuring the express vi.  I even tried configuring the Simulate Arbitrary Signal vi and then opening the block diagram (right click the select Open Front Panel).  When I got to the block diagram the points that it is outputting is actually stored as a constant.  This means that it is impossible to reconfigure this vi on the fly (as you are running). 

Perhaps you could use another vi for these purposes.  You could use a Read from LabVIEW Measurement File vi to output a signal with the data from the LabVIEW Measurement File.  There are also other functions in LabVIEW that will output different waveforms.

I hope this helps.

Steven T.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,480 Views)