LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic report generation and email to receiver.

Hi,

I've desigened a project using LPC2148 which gets body parameters(Temp., ECG, Heart beats) and displays it on LabVIEW using bluetooth. How can i generate the report of it and send automatically to receiver i.e. Doctor using internet for every half an hour? OR is there any other solution for wireless transmission of ECG waveform through internet.

Kindly Reply.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,923 Views)

First Make sure what kind of Report Needs to be generated?

As you are getting all the Data to LabVIEW its easy to create a Report of your own interest

It is possible to Send a Mail with attchement using LabVIEW, Add all the Recipients of your Wish.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 6
(3,899 Views)

Depending on the Version of LabVIEW you are using and your license, you may have the Report Generation Toolkit available to you.  With this, you can create Word Documents, HTML Reports, or Excel Workbooks into which you can put LabVIEW Charts or Graphs, text, tables, etc.

Once you have a Report prepared and saved, getting it to the recipient by a "push" (send it via e-mail) or "pull" (place it on a Web server) method should be relatively straight-forward.

Bob Schor

Message 3 of 6
(3,893 Views)

Using the built in email vi's you can send any type of file attachment through email.

If you can display the data in LabVIEW viewing this through the Internet could be as simple as using the "remote panels" feature of LabVIEW

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/4791/en/

Several years ago I had a test running at our facility in Atlanta that we could monitor through the Internet from Seattle using remote panels.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 4 of 6
(3,889 Views)

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your comment. But actually i have to send the graphs of ECG, Body Temp. and Heart Beat to doctor section through internet, so how can i generate the image and attach it to email and forward to doctor's email or server? This process should be automatic. Can you provide me details about where to look for it in LabVIEW?

Thanks and Regards!

G. M. Dhkane 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,860 Views)

@GULABRAO wrote:

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your comment. But actually i have to send the graphs of ECG, Body Temp. and Heart Beat to doctor section through internet, so how can i generate the image and attach it to email and forward to doctor's email or server? This process should be automatic. Can you provide me details about where to look for it in LabVIEW?

Thanks and Regards!

G. M. Dhkane 

• Your original post (and the title of this one) refers to a "Report".  We suggested that you describe what you mean by a Report (I suggested that LabVIEW makes several kinds of Report, all of which can contain graphs).
  • Nothing is "automatic".  Everything is the result of a program, potentially written in LabVIEW (since you posted your question on the LabVIEW Forum.
  • There is no specific "details about where to look for it in LabVIEW".  LabVIEW is a programming language/system/paradigm that is certainly capable of carrying out the generation and e-mailing of a Report.

If you want to develop a (reasonably sophisticated) program in Language X, you either learn Language X and "do it yourself" or hire a Language X expert to do it for you.  From your question, it appears that you may have little experience or expertise in LabVIEW, and, if so, a project such as this would probably entail several months of hard work, preferably with the help of a LabVIEW "guru" to mentor you through the process.  There is on-line tutorial material (do a Web search, or check the links at the upper right corner of the LabVIEW Forum) which should give you some indication of the capabilities of LabVIEW (this is well within the scope of what LabVIEW can do) and how much effort it would take for you to be able to tackle this yourself.

Incidentally, you need to do a lot more work in defining the problem, especially if you go the "hire out" route.  "A report with graphs of EKG, Body Temp, and Heart Beat" is hopelessly vague.  Who provides the data?  In what form?  Does the program collect and plot the data?  Are the plots prepared by another program, and LabVIEW is just a "mailer routine"?  [If the latter is true, then LabVIEW is probably not an optimal choice for doing this ...].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,837 Views)