From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto position buttons under array on front panel

In my gui I have an array of clusters that I am auto-sizing based on number of rows property node.  I have a delete and ok button under the indicator for the array and would like to position the buttons at the bottom of the array.  The easy solution is to put the buttons to the side of the array, but I'd like to make this look nice and have them appear at the bottom of the array no matter how many rows are displayed.  Any suggestions?

I've looked into position property nodes which give the option of top and left, and wanted to calculate the bottom from the height, but haven't figured out how to do this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,256 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,252 Views)

Not sure what the difficulty you're having is. The Height property gives you the height of the array, in pixels. Perhaps you're having a race condition. I'd suggest posting your code.

Of course, one issue is: what happens if the array is set to display so many rows that it extends beyond the size of the panel's window height?

In general, I'm not a fan of user interfaces where buttons start moving on me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,247 Views)

I have set limits on the amount of rows to display before you get a scroll bar.

I figured out my problem, I was using the xcontrol container bounds rather than simply the bounds property.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,242 Views)