From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto cleanup crashes LabVIEW (and VI isn't even that large)

Solved!
Go to solution

Still a problem in LV2015.  I recently upgraded from LV 2014 to LV 2015 (No problems in LV 2014) , then LV2015 has unleashed a whole can o whip ass on me now.  I noticed in my code I have a mixture of Older flat sequences (Dark Gray) and Newer (Light Gray) flat sequences.  The only solution I have found is replacing all of the dark gray flat sequences (older) with light gray flat sequences (newer)...however, it's not that easy.  Typically, the whole block diagram explodes to 10 times its normal width, rendering the Auto clean up unusable.  After many hours of pushing and pulling the block diagram around...I can finall regain control.  This is a huge time waster.  I don't have the time to "manually" clean up my code.

There's a difference between dark gray flat sequences (earlier version of LV) and light gray flat sequences (later version of LV).  If you have dark gray flat squences in LV2015 it's falling apart.  I've spent more time fixing code than actually working on my projects.

I'm trying to reach out to NI for support, but, I haven't got any good news yet.

One of NI's favorite blame game answers, "Your Block Diagram is Too BIG".  Ok, if there are limits on the block diagram size, then put the limits on the block diagram.  Don't give me an unlimited canvas to paint my code on, allow me to compile, and then at some point come back to me as say "Your Block Diagram is Too BIG".  That's just lame.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(379 Views)