LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto cleanup crashes LabVIEW (and VI isn't even that large)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm trying to cleanup a VI, and whenever I hit auto cleanup LabVIEW crashes and when retsrated it doesn't even say it previously crashed. I narrowed down the problem location to a for loop. The wierd thing is that I went through all the wires and objects within the loop and did auto cleanup on them but it doesn't crash. So why when I do it on all combined does it crash?

I wrote a comment in the loop that crashes to show which on it is.

I'm on Windows 7 LabVIEW 2010.0f2 32bit

I did see this posting http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/599FB39777BDB12486257514005B7293, but even when doing it manually as suggested it still crashes.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,456 Views)

I don't have IMAQ but I opened your VI anyway. It crashed me too. Same setup with SP1.

Your VI isn't that large compared to a lot of VIs that I have seen - everything is relative. But it is much larger than it needs to be. If you can get autoclean to work without crashing on this VI you probably wouldn't like the outcome.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,446 Views)

It's not that important, I just wanted to post it in case it's a bug or something.

I like to use auto cleanup because in a VI like this it'd bring stuff closer to gether so I can better reorganize it.

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,415 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author myle00

This crash corresponds to a known issue in LabVIEW (CAR #298911), which has been fixed in the forthcoming LabVIEW 2011 release. I have attached a copy of your cleaned up VI from 2011, saved for 2010. You might try to copy the block diagram into a new VI and see if that still crashes LabVIEW, but otherwise an upgrade to 2011 when it's available should clear up the problem. Hope that helps.

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,414 Views)

Can someone please open my VI and save it in 2010 as well? I'm having the same problem, this is murder without auto cleanup. 🙂

Thanks!

- Ken

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,375 Views)

A bunch of your subVIs were missing, so you may get some missing VI errors when you try to open it. All you should need to do is point LabVIEW to them and you should be all set.

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,366 Views)

John,

Hooray! Thank you so much! As for the missing VIs, I just didn't want to upload all of my source code. Thanks again!

- Ken

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,362 Views)

John,

Also, what causes this and what can I do to avoid it?

- Ken

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,360 Views)

Hi xkenneth86,

I'm looking in to the bug report to find out why this happens so that you can avoid it. 

Tim W.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

http://www.ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,326 Views)

After some research I found that this was a bug related to how Sequence Structure nodes connect. Auto cleanup didn't handle them correctly and caused a crash. There may be other issues at play, however it appears as though Sequence Structures could be the primary culprit. 

Tim W.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

http://www.ni.com/support 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,307 Views)