LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Index Tunnel and reading array one by one

Hello,

I am trying read values one at a time(to simulate dac acquisition) from a 2 coloumn excel(tab de limited) sheet and plot on an xy graph.

I have posted the VI  I’m working with. To get the values one at time I have used a for loop and used an auto index tunnel.however I’m getting only one set values (the ones wired to y…please see the diagram). The other(supposed to be x values)appear to be always zero…..hence no graph is plotted. What can I do so I get both the values?

On searching the forum I found the following block diagram and I’m assuming it works…. But I can’t figure what the array used here is. Can some one tell me?

I have figured out that perhaps the error occurs after the auto index tunnel because on taking a indicator from the wire after auto index tunnel a 1d array is displayed(see block diag) while before it I get a 2d array.i tried changing the conver to dynamic to 2d but that didn't work. But in the above diagram it doesn’t seem to be a problem as the person has taken both x and y outputs of the array. (I am assuming this is a block diagram which works).tell me how to go about this.

Pls help

DiPS

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,377 Views)

If you autoindex a 2D array, you get one row at each iteration. A row is a 1D array, right?

Seems to work just fine. See attached.

Message 2 of 3
(4,368 Views)

hey,

thanx a lot... now it works

by the way.. is there any way i can make the x-axis in current system time. i tried making it absolute and relative in the graph props but that doesnt help... usually when i simulate a signals it works fine(ie current sys time is displayed o graphs) probably because i choose absolute time stamp in sim signal props.

in this case however i'm reading from a sprdsht and plotting on a graph.. so wat do i do to make x axis current sys time..

thanx

DiPS 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,338 Views)