LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempt to Open or Create TDMS file gives error -2501

This is an odd one:

I don't know what's causing this, but when trying to open or create a tdms file I'm getting the -2501 error. The file name I'm using worked before, but if i hit the stop button, I can no longer use that file name. If I change one letter in the file name it works fine until I stop the program from running, and then I start getting the error again. 

Speaks is Perplexed

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(4,110 Views)

Sorry, make that -2503

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27
(4,086 Views)

Is it possible to upload your TDMS file here and we can take a look and try to find out the root cause?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(4,029 Views)

I fixed it, it wasn't a file read issue; I was setting up to write to files. On the TDMS open vi for operation I had it set to "open or create". I changed it to "create or replace" and it works fine now. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 27
(3,940 Views)

OK, I lied. In order to get multiple lines of data it has to be set for open or create.

I'm attaching the TDMS file as you requested, but I had to change the file extension to .txt because this forum wouldn't accept .tdms

I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. It was working before, all I changed was the file name format. I had a strip path in line before, but I don't know why that would make a difference. When I put a constant in as the file name it works fine.

Save Speaks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(3,926 Views)

I'm also attaching the first VI that worked, and the revsion that doesn't. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 27
(3,920 Views)

I couldn't open the VIs you attached, it seems some controls are missed. Maybe you can try to upload your TDMS file by using NI FTP: ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming

And please reply with the file name when you upload and we'll take a  look at the file.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(3,889 Views)

how do I upload to it?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27
(3,853 Views)

how do I upload to it? 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27
(3,852 Views)

@Speaks wrote:

how do I upload to it? 

Copy that address in to your Windows explorer and it will show up like a normal folder directory would.

Edit: I dropped my own random file in there to test it out and it uploaded... but now I can't delete it or open it. Sorry for taking up your server space, NI! Smiley Very Happy

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27
(3,846 Views)