LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching a usb webcam to labview

I was looking for a way to connect a simple webcam to labview to use for optical character recognition. From what I found, it seems like the only way to do this is by installing the NI vision acquisition software, which is causing installation problems. Do I need an activation license for this? Also, is there another way to do this using the basic labview vision toolbox without having to install this additional software?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(21,837 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(21,829 Views)

NI Vision Module is designed to help develop and deploy machine vision applications. Includes hundreds of functions to acquire, process images, location of features, identify objects and measure parts.

The Vision Development Module (VDM) presents image processing functions for LabVIEW, C / C + +, Visual Basic and. NET. VDM functions are used for image processing are some of them: pattern matching, particle analysis, edge detection, threshold, histograms and optical character recognition. Furthermore, VDM includes Vision Assistant and generation tool similar to VBAI code. Vision Assistant is a useful tool to develop and test a series of image processing steps and code generation tool.

Vision Builder for Automated Inspection (VBAI) is a standalone development environment that requires no programming. VBAI includes over 100 of the most commonly used VDM tools, including: pattern matching, OCR, and particle analysis. VBAI can run programs on remote locations, and also has the ability to configure the remote targets.

Vision Acquisition Software (VAS) is a set of drivers and utilities functions to acquire, display and save images from any NI Camera, GigE Vision camera or IEEE 1394 (Firewire) and USB. VAS includes both VDM and VBAI.

You can carry out image acquisition only drivers included in VAS, but for any treatment or handling or you need VBAI VDM plus VAS. You can download the evaluation software from the following links:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(21,685 Views)