LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asynchronous signal timing

So here is my Code:

PsudoRingBuffer2.png

the top part of the VI creates a spudo random data stream that we are able to send out through a myDAQ and recieve it with another VI synchronously, this part already works fine. What I am trying to do with the bottom part is implement a ring buffer to time this signal with asynchronous timing. my thought was that if I could split the data up into arrays of a particular size then I could us ethe Array VI's to add start and stop bits to the data. the problem is is that this doesn't work and I have no idea how to make it work right. I should mention im kind of a novice to programming in general, although I am already pretty familiar with labview. I didnt even know about the ring buffer untell I came across it randomly in my search for how to send data asynchronously. I should probably also mention that although we were using myDAQs they could not clock fast enough since they are only software timed so we got myRIO's and a couple of the guys on my team have been looking into FPGA stuff, I dont really know if there could be an easy way to do asynchronous using that? any help would be greatly appreciated.   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,401 Views)

I just reliezed that on the circular buffer, the way its set up now it will creat a new array but it will initialize all the elements to zero. this is obviously not what I want it to do. what I want it to do is take the data from the psudo random pattern generator and put that into arrays so I can add start and stop bits to it. anybody have an idea of how to do this? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,385 Views)

Your code image is too small to read easily.  It is not clear exactly what you are doing.  Please attach your VI with typical values for the data saved as default.

You may be able to add shift registers on the outer loop and connect them to the ones on the inner loop. Move the initialization outside both loops.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,378 Views)