From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrays with different representation

This is a terrible question, but I am using Labview 7.1 and downloaded the example #3 from Can Labview C? I can not find the same type of arrays that are used in that vi on my controls palette. What am I missing? Thanks for any help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,509 Views)
Its a standard array (look again at the solid blue line). The difference in the look of the icon is this is actually a reference to an array 😃
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,505 Views)
When I pop up on that array, I can change the data representation. When I make an array, it does not have this option. Also, I cannot figure out how to shape an array controller/indicator that way. Thanks again for your help with this elementary topic
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,502 Views)
To change the numerical representation of an array, you need to right-click on an array element, not on the array container. 🙂

Example 3 depicts local variables of arrays. Use your plain array terminals instead.

Message Edited by altenbach on 06-23-2005 11:55 AM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,497 Views)
Do you mean the absence of the increment/decrement on each element and no index display for the array? If that's what you mean, the element is the simple numeric from the Classic Controls>Classic Numeric palette. This control doesn't have the increment/decrement part. The Dialog Numeric control is written the same way. Regular numeric controls you can right click and select Visible Items>Increment/Decrement. For an array control, you can right click and select Visible Items>Index display to turn that on or off.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,480 Views)