LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array

how to make an array like the attached one and to see it's partitions names in front panel. I mean that if I have 10 bits , I would like to take the 1st 3 bits as the first field and the 2nd 7 bits for the other field or to make it with bytes instead of bits   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,023 Views)

Hi Marina,

you could use ArraySubset to get those different parts of your byte array.

And then you could put these parts into elements of a cluster to make it look like your example image…

You don't have "bits" but most certainly "bytes"!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,018 Views)

Can you give me an example for it with  the labview ? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,005 Views)

If you don't want to actually seperate the items in the array, the easiest way to accomplish what you want is to simply create an indicator for the array and place labels and rectangles on the front panel for each section.  You can find these in the decorations part of the controls tab.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,995 Views)

can you tell me how to section it by steps please because I don't know labview well. Thank you 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,975 Views)

Hi Marina,

I already mentioned the ArraySubset function…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 11
(2,966 Views)

Here is a smaller example.  You can change it to fit what you want to do.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,951 Views)

If you can't figure out the Array Subset function, you definately should be going through some tutorials, many of which are free.

3 Hour Introduction
6 Hour Introduction
LabVEW Basics
Self Paced training for students
Self Paced training beginner to advanced, SSP Required
LabVIEW Wiki on Training
Learning NI
Getting Started with NI Products

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,942 Views)

Also read up on very basic programming terms and use the correct terms to discribe your question.

Bit

Byte

After re-reading I assumed the 10 your were referancing was the 10 bytes in your data.

But now I think your were talking about the 10 bits as part of the 1st and 2nd byte.

Omar
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,915 Views)

Try something like this

partition array.png

Omar
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,894 Views)