LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array of Clusters Counters / Shift registers

Hello All,

In my Array of Clusters, I'm having trouble controlling my MISS PACKET indicator. Each time a packet is missed , the MISS PACKET indicator increments by 1. My problems is, that the same number of miss packets is showing up in the MISS PACKET indicator in each array index if a packet is missed. Ex. So if index[0] has missed 30 packets, whenever index[1] misses a packet it will display 31 and not 1. I'm using a shift register to keep  a count of the number of missed packets. I believe the shift register is the issue because the  previous value is store whenever a packet is missed.

Any help would be appreciate !

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,277 Views)

I guess there is some problem in wiring the increament value to the shift register. Can you post the VI in 2011? (2009 version would be much better)

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,266 Views)

I know its the shift register, I just need it to store the value for that index alone and not others.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,262 Views)

You have a numeric shift register that is not initilaized so for all the array elements it will keep holding the values. You have to clear the shift register every time but its better to use the shift register in the while loop itself or if it is not required remove it and use the i value of the while loop if you feel you need a counter.

-----

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,260 Views)

When I used the shift register inside the while loop it resets the value to zero after each iteration. I want the counter to continue to increment as long as missed packets keep coming.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,248 Views)

You mean the iteration of the while loop or the for loop? How you used a shift register in a while? can you show a picture of that?

-----

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,244 Views)

The first time i tried using  a shift register I had the initalization done outside of the while loop and still got the same results

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,239 Views)

Instead of establishing index[1] has its on array, it just passes the MISS PACKET value from index[0].I just realize i need to get the shift register to distingiush between the number of for loop iterations so each index gets its correct value if thats possible.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,236 Views)