LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Array data manipulation

Hello Experts,

I would like to seek your advice on the best way to go about this problem.

I have a stream of acquired voltage data that is going into an array. When I press the Start button, a test will start and the voltage will increase. After the test period, the voltage will reduce back to it's original value.

Question is, I would like to analyze the data by having the average value of the votlage during the test period and when it is outside the test period. How do I do this using the data in that array ???

Example of what I want:

Test Off .... Test On.... Test Off

V1                  V2, V3        V4

Average Test Off voltage = (v1+v4)/2

Average Test On voltage = (v2+v3)/2

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,480 Views)

Use Delete From Array.

Example_VI.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,468 Views)

Hello Jim,

Could you please provide me your VI ? Thank you.

Also, I just realize that perhaps Array Subset would be a way to go. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,463 Views)
  1. My image is a VI Snippet.
  2. You'd have to use Array Subset three times to do what one Delete From Array does.
  3. VI attached
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,456 Views)

Hello Jim,

Thank you for your recommendation of using Delete from Array. It's useful.

However, in the end, what I did was that I put a case structure to store the data in two set of arrays for when the test is ON and when the test if OFF.

Cheers

Message 5 of 5
(2,420 Views)