LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arrange Array in ascending order by date

That image is not nearly enough information. What does the underlying data look like? Where is this time data generated? Is the raw time data available? Can you change the way the time data is formatted?

Have you tried any of the suggestions that were given 2 years ago?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(1,320 Views)

Hi Mike,

I have try most of the method from the forum . I can't change the format , the data are acutually extract from the access database using the ADO tool, See attached picture and then I converted to array . I enclosed my code, access database printscreen. pls help. thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(1,281 Views)
Then use the ORDER BY clause in your query. This is not a LabVIEW question but knowing how SQL works.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(1,262 Views)
One potential complication lies in the database itself. What is the datatype of the test_date column? If it is a string the ORDER BY clause won't help because Jet will sort the column data like a string of characters -- not a timestamp.

If it is a string, you will need to convert the column into timestamps and then sort it in LabVIEW. You will also need to fix the table structure so the data is stored correctly going forward.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(1,203 Views)

Hi , I'm not too sure the datatype of the test_date column as it was generated by the auto test system from my customer, anyway, thanks a lot for all the advises.

I will try to ask my cutomer to covert it to timestamp if possible. thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(1,148 Views)