LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arithematic Mean ?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a small program where I am analyzing two force signals via a DAQ Assistant VI, getting an arithematic mean of both signals via the "Statistics" VI, and then writing the data to file.  My question is with the arithematic mean.  What samples of the data are being averaged?  In my DAQ Assistant the  Acquistion Mode is set to Continuous Samples, Samples To Read = 100, Rate = 1 kHz.  Is the data being averaged the 100 samples from the DAQ Assistant?  

Thanks,

D.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,892 Views)

If you are trying to share your code, you need to attach the VI as well.  The project file is just an XML file that points to the VI files.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,890 Views)

Ok, thanks.  Attached VI.

D.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,857 Views)

Yes.  The 100 samples you collected in the DAQ assistant are being averaged together.

(Be sure to show the labels for all of your terminals in the block diagram and that they have meaningful names.)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,837 Views)

The faster way to get to that same answer Raven's Fan just gave you is to hit the "Help button on the configuration page for the Express.vi

Capture.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,834 Views)

Jeff,

Yes, we saw that in the help prior to posting the question.  However, I still was hazy on how many samples were actually in "Signals" after the acquistion.  Furthermore, the difference between "Continuous" Acquistion and "N-Samples" and if that would affect the way the samples are read and averaged. We are running the VI continuous.

Regretfully, I don't get a lot of exposure to LabView.  Maybe a couple times year?  So when I'm required to do something using LV, it's all French to me again.  

Thanks,

D

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,816 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author busarider29

Fair enough!  Samples in Signals at any time is determined by "Samples to read"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,792 Views)