LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there problems installing Labview applications compiled with Application Builders 6.0 and 8.0 on the same computer?

Hello,

I have generated a number of applications using Labview 6.0 and its associated applications builder.  I have now upgraded to Labview 8.0 and I will be building applications using its applications builder.  Is it possible to install the 8.0 compiled applications on a computer that has Labview 6.0 applications and have both run correctly?  Or will I need to recompile all of the 6.0 applications as 8.0 applications and then reinstall?

Thanks in advance for your time!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,231 Views)

In general, you will have no problems with having two different development environments or two different built applications on the same pc. The possible problems for either usually happen with different versions of hardware drivers (DAQ, GPIB, etc.) installed. For DAQ though, since 6.0 only supported traditional DAQ and you should be using DAQmx with 7.0 or later, you probably won't have any problems here.

p.s. I know it probably doesn't matter much but the app builder is not the compiler. LabVIEW itself is the compiler. All LabVIEW programs are compiled. The app builder assembles the compiled VIs into an exe file which is really just a modified llb file.

Message 2 of 3
(2,229 Views)

One other thing to keep in mind is that you must run your executable with the same run time engine that under which you built your exe. See Which Run-Time Engine Do I Need for My LabVIEW Application Builder Executable?

Chris C

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,206 Views)