LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arduino HX711 Interface

Ok, i have arudino UNO connected to HX711 board, i have LINX package installed and able to communicate with arudino, however i can't found a way to read the hx711 load sensor output in to lab view (because of it's analog output) i did searched the forums and found that this is unsolved problem

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Connect-Hx711-in-a-NI-USB-6009-or-Arduino-UNO-in-the-Labview/m-p/30...

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/labview-code-HX711/m-p/3217221

on the other hand there seems to be someone who did managed to do that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3BCwk7Z7tI

as you see in the video, i want to do exactly as in that video, sadly he didn't post and code or vi to learn from, so help is really needed here

thankyou

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,386 Views)

The Arduino reads the load cell.  You use VISA to get LabVIEW to "talk to" the Arduino and get it to send the values it is reading to you over the VISA port.  You then use LabVIEW to display these values using a nice Meter representation as shown in the video.

I've not looked at the LINX software, but I have used LabVIEW and VISA to get data from an Arduino board.  It really isn't very difficult.  Give it a try, and if your code is giving you results you do not understand, write back, and attach your code (meaning the VI itself, not a useless picture of the Block Diagram or Front Panel).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,375 Views)

so, you are telling me there is no way to do that using LINX? Also i'm using LV pro to output my VI as portable exe, i don't think using VISA assure me that!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,346 Views)

@Mr-FoX! wrote:

so, you are telling me there is no way to do that using LINX? Also i'm using LV pro to output my VI as portable exe, i don't think using VISA assure me that!

No, I'm telling you that I, personally, have not used LINX, so cannot advise you about that.  However, I have successfully used LabVIEW to get data from Arduino using tools from the LabVIEW Tools Network.

I don't understand your second sentence.  I don't know what "LV pro" means, and I haven't seen (and cannot evaluate) your "VI".  Why don't you attach your VI so we can see it and better understand what you are trying to say?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,341 Views)

ok, i think i'll wait for someone who use LINX or "Labview interface for arudino" for providing a solution for that problem

thank you for reply

LV pro = Labview professional

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,333 Views)

Hi Bob, could you please share your vi to understand that how you have connected. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,131 Views)

Wow, I'll have to go back to the archives!  A student whom I was helping decided to use Arduino to build a "touch sensor" (the alternative was a pair of small pressure switches, such as what you'd have under each key on your keyboard).  I think he was just intrigued at using a "microcontroller" (it was a pain in the rear end to use, and definitely cost more in time and effort, not to mention robustness, speed, and reliability, than one of NI's small USB DAQ devices).  He graduated four years ago(?), so the code is even older ...  I'll look, but can't promise I'll be able to find it (it certainly isn't on my laptop ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,123 Views)

@Rajiv555 wrote:

Hi Bob, could you please share your vi to understand that how you have connected. 

This makes no sense.

The only way to connect to the Arduino Uno from a PC is via the USB cable that is often shipped with the Arduino Uno.

There are plenty of tutorials showing how to connect the HX711 to the Arduino Uno.

The rest is coding.

You should do some work / research instead of asking for a solution to be handed to you!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,120 Views)