Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecting Test Systems with TestStand - Supplied LabVIEW VI's error

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author RaymondFarmer

Somehow it seems to me that your LV is using the CLR 2.0 instead of 4.0.

Can you default your LabVIEW.ini file (close LV, rename LabVIEW.ini to *.old and restart LV) and look if the error persists? Note: This resets your LV configuration for the time being. If it works after that, please remember to reconfigure LV according to your needs.

Does running the CVI simulator work?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 11 of 14
(1,698 Views)

That's working for the LabVIEW. Ran the Solar Panel Test.seq without the errors.

I did try the CVI example but it failed on a piece of LabVIEW code. So I gave up. I'll try it again later on.

I'll leave this open for the moment and get backing regarding the CVI side.

Thanks for the help.

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,694 Views)

The LabVIEW part is now working so I can carry on with the online training.

Tried the Solar Panel Test - CVI.seq but this failed at the Start Monitor sequence - Monitor Temperature step, which worked for the Solar Panel Test.seq. It did run the Simulated Instruments ok or should I say it initialised the simulated instruments ok.

the error was :

Driver Simulation.lvlib:Handle Errors.vi
Invoke Node System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
 Inner Exception: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Configuration system failed to initialize
 Inner Exception: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 3, position 1. (C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2015\LabVIEW.exe.Config line 3)
 Inner Exception: System.Xml.XmlException: Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 3, position 1. System.Xml.XmlException in Driver Simulation.lvlib:DMM.lvlib:Read Temperature.vi->Temperature Monitor.vi:6500002->Temperature Monitor.vi.ProxyCaller

Complete call chain:
     Driver Simulation.lvlib:Handle Errors.vi
     Driver Simulation.lvlib:DMM.lvlib:Read Temperature.vi
     Temperature Monitor.vi:6500002
     Temperature Monitor.vi.ProxyCaller

-99; User-defined error code.

Step 'Monitor Temperature' of sequence 'Start Monitor' in 'Temperature Monitor.seq'

I'll look it to that later.

Big thanks sorting out the dotNet.

Regards

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,684 Views)

You must unlock "TestStand Instrument Simulation.dll" , then it should work.

Message 14 of 14
(1,270 Views)