From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecting Test Systems with TestStand - Supplied LabVIEW VI's error

Solved!
Go to solution

I have downloaded and installed the material for Architecting Test Systems with TestStand (on-line course).

I have the correct TestStand (2014 32bit), LabVIEW (2015 SP1) and LabWindows/CVI (2015 SP1) installed.

But when I tried to run the first Execise 2-1 the first VI errored:

Error 1386 occurred at Constructor Node in Driver Simulation.lvlib:DMM.lvlib:Initialize.vi

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW:  The specified .NET class is not available in LabVIEW.

But this problem is not confined to just the Simulation DMM library, it's all of the VI's.

So what's going on, maybe someone from the NI training department can respond please.

I cannot look inside the VIs because NI have locked them, that's fine, but at least supply working code or all the required software components that need to be installed.

regards

Ray Farmer

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,557 Views)

I don't have the files myself, but the first thing I would do is open the front panel of one of the 'offending' VIs and look then look to see what assemblies are in memory (View menu). That might give a clue as to what .NET class the VI is attempting to create an instance of.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,526 Views)

Hi,

dotNet Assemblies in Memory.png

This is what I am seeing in. I have tried creating a labview.exe.config file as the help suggest but I am see getting the same error?

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,510 Views)

The last four are just part of the .NET Framework Base Class Libraries, so I would expect no problem with these as they should be identical on every machine for their version.

The first is a possible culprit - it is clearly an assembly in the LabVIEW folder but I can't see the actual path.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,495 Views)

I tried loading the a Constructor Node with the required assembly but that failed so I think that the supplied DLL (TestStand Instrument Simulation.dll) is bad or there is missing dependences.

Select dotNet Constructor.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,480 Views)

Just in case: did you run setup.bat, as described in the beginning of exercise 2-1?

Marc Dubois
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,469 Views)

Hi,

Yes, I also run setup.seq for the Search Directories.

I did see some errors when running the setup.bat but they were just because I didn't have the correct CVI installed for the course.

I repeated the exercise on another PC and installed the Teststand, LabVIEW and CVI as specified. This time no errors when running the setup.bat but still getting the same problems with the labVIEW VI's

regards

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,463 Views)

Ray,

is LV 32bit as well or is it 64bit?

I am not sure if this helps, but you can give it a try.....

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 8 of 14
(4,459 Views)

it's all 32bit

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,456 Views)

I tried the following from your link

<?xml version ="1.0"?>
<configuration>
  <runtime>
    <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true" />
  </runtime>
</configuration>

but now I get the following when I tried to load TestStand Instrument Simulation.dll

badimage.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,454 Views)