LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aquire Data from 9213 Theromocouple Module. Unable able to write data to csv file.

Hello,

I am attempting to take it data from the NI 9213 module using a cRIO-9066. I am able to take correct data and use an idicator to show the temperature. I am also able to show the data in a waveform chart. But when it comes to writing the data to a csv file and opening it in excel I have hit a wall.

Currently I am trying to use a signal collector and write the signal collection to Write to Measurement File. I created a .lvm file in notepad, I then choose to write to that filename. Logically it seems like the flow is correct and I should be left with a comma delimited .lvm file when I open it in notepad.  I have attached the VI to this post. Any help or direction I should look is appreciated.

The final project will to be read in 10 thermocouple reading using my hardware, and save the data every 30 seconds or so. A waveform chart showing the current temperature is all I will need. I am attempting to use LabVIEW Real-Time with Scan Engine.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,482 Views)

I modified your VI slightly so that you can see what is happening. The data sent to the file is displayed on a graph "Collected Signals." The data itself is replaced with the "i" value from the loop so you know exaclty what it will be without relying on the hardware. On the first iteration it writes one value to the file. On the next iteration it completely overwrites the file with two values, the first one and the second one. It is more efficient to simply append new data to the file rather than rewrite the file every time. Then you do not need the collector, either.

Check the help for measurement file formats. The .lvm file is not the same as .csv files. To create a .csv file use Write Delimited Spreadsheet.vi with the delimiter input set to comma.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,424 Views)