LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application's FP won't close

Solved!
Go to solution

I stripped my main application to around where the problem is. This is based off of a producer-consumer template created by LV2013. I removed the consumer loop (and the while loop around the producer loop) because this was as far down as I could go to keep the error.

When I create a build and try to exit the application, it instead just stops the application. If I replaced this event structure with anything else, closing the panel exits out the application cleanly.

Am I creating and destroying events correctly? Can anyone offer advice to what I may be doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,522 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TMIET

I think you have something else wrong here.  You VI exits just fine for me (LabVIEW 2016).  But here are a few things:

1. You do no need the Application Instance Close event.  You are already handling the panel closing's filter event.  That should be good enough to know when the application is shutting down.

2. Please do not use the Exit LabVIEW function.  That is just like aborting the VI.  Instead, use a Conditional Diagram Disable Structure and close the front panel only in the Run_Time_Engine==TRUE case using an invoke node (Front Panel->Close).

3. Probably does not matter, but you probably should unregister for the event while it is still valid.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(2,500 Views)

Thanks, the invoke node FP.Close was exactly the solution. I appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,473 Views)