From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application requires manually specifying .NET dll location

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using MySQL .NET Connector with my LV2013 application which has been working fine for months. Today the new exe started requiring the user to pick the location of the MySQL dlls. Ironically, the dialog opens to the directory with the dlls in it. Currently, the dlls are in the /data directory. I have tried moving them into the same directory as the exe. I did see this post, but it didn't help. I haven't tried putting the dlls into the GAC because it wasn't entirely clear where in the GAC they would go, and in principal, having the dlls in the same directory path as the exe should be enough.

Any suggestion would begreatly appreciated.

Chris
Practical Physics, LLC
www.practicalphysicsllc.com
Message 1 of 7
(3,164 Views)

One further note. It appears this may be somehow related to the OS on the target computer. The exe works fine on the dev machine.

Chris
Practical Physics, LLC
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,131 Views)
And the OS on the machines are?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,114 Views)

Sorry, Win7 on both.

Chris
Practical Physics, LLC
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,100 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PPLLC

Make sure both machines have the same version of the .NET Framework installed or at least the same CLR version.

As a side note - the GAC controls the location of the files - you can't change this. As long as the dlls are signed then you can install them into the GAC folder (or using GACUtil) and the GAC will sort out the storage location based on name and version. As soon as the dlls are in the GAC then Fusion will be able to resolve them.

Message 5 of 7
(3,070 Views)

Thanks for the information. I'll check both of the systemslater today.

Chris

Chris
Practical Physics, LLC
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,066 Views)

Thanks. It looks like 2 different versions were inadvertently installed. That solved it.

Chris
Practical Physics, LLC
Message 7 of 7
(3,011 Views)