From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application program upgrade

Solved!
Go to solution

I have application program written by Labview 6.1 and I want to upgrade it to run on Labview 2009.

is there anybody to help me? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,901 Views)
Do you have a specific upgrade question? You can simply open the VIs in 2009 and then resave them. Make sure you have a backup!!!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,898 Views)

NI-DAQmx, which come with Labview 2009, could not recognize VI (such as AO update chaneel.vi, AI Sample Channel.vi, DIO Port Write.vi,.....) in Labview 6.1 application program.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,890 Views)

Those functions are in the traditional DAQ driver. You simply have to install it.

At some point, you should consider rewriting your program to use DAQmx. the traditional DAQ driver is obsolete.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,879 Views)
Does Traditional DAQ even support LV 2009? According to this page, it stops at 8.6.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,864 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author j3rho

I removed DAQmx and tried with several DAQ Legacy.

DAQ-7.4 (Legacy) is the one who solved the problem.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,863 Views)

I thought the problem were solved, but when I ran the program I have the following error message, which I did not get with LV 6.1.

Error 10001 occurred at AI Group Config.

Possible reasons:

NI-DAQ LV: An error was detected in the input string; the arrangement or ordering of the characters in the string is not consistent with the expected ordering.

What should I do?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,851 Views)

Well, try reversing the order of the string. I'm assuming this is the list of channels.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,834 Views)