From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application freezes

Solved!
Go to solution

Hai guyz,

I'm having a problem with my "home" function. Everytime I press it, it would bring me back to the list box. But then I wouldn't be able to press it. I can't think of anything to solve this. Its probably the way I arrange the case and event but I can't think of any reason why it would act that way. I have attached the code for this application. Ignore the other functions, I just want to solve the "home" glitch. Any remarks are welcomed 

Spoiler
Smiley Very Happy

Regards,
Newbie92

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,780 Views)
Try running the VI with execution highlighting turned on. Perhaps you can see what is happening.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,725 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Newbie92

Your using two event structures within the same loop. This is not recommended, and should be what causes the freeze.

Even if the dataflow is not at the event structure, the structure has noticed the event and is waiting to execute its event case when data flow reaches it. The problem is that that there is a check mark for 'Lock panel (defer processing of user actions) until the case for this event completes', which is exactly what happens for you. You could uncheck this and maybe get it to work better, but better still is not to use multiple event structures in the same loop, hence change your system design. Even paralell loops in the same vi can cause similar problems. There is a 'caveats' link in the help for event structures adressing this... well, caveat.

CLA
www.dvel.se
Message 3 of 4
(2,703 Views)

Hai M_Peeker,

Your advice helps. I changed my design and it works fine. Turns out that the problem is not the due to the events, but the home signal got stuck in the while loop. Hahaha. Thanks again. Smiley Very Happy 

Regards,
Newbie92

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,672 Views)