LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application failed to start, cvirt.dll not found error

I built an application with installer, including the runtime engine. When this is installed the application fails to run as it appears to be missing cvirt.dll. I am using Labview 7.1 and have never had this problem before. On a platform where the full labview environment is installed the application runs fine.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Marco
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,531 Views)
Dennis Knutson answered a very similar question in this thread. What components are you using in your application that might require cvirt.dll? If you add cvirt.dll as a support file, do you still get this error or other errors when you deploy the installer?
Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(6,516 Views)
Thanks for the reply Robert.
I have no idea which component requires cvi. I am using GPIB and use the USB through an external dll, which is included in the distribution.

When I manually copied cvirt.dll, cviauto.dll, and cvirte.dll in the system32 folder another error appeared: Can not find RTE directory

When I wrote a simple test program (only a stop button and a loop), it worked fine.

I downloaded a copy of Labview runtime engine and installed that. That did not solve it on my test PC, but did solve it on the PC it was intended for.

My problem seems to be solved for now, but I would like to know if there is a way of preventing this with the application builder.

Thanks for your help.
Marco

Message Edited by MarcoNZ on 04-19-2005 05:21 PM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,511 Views)
In order to prevent this with the Application Builder we need to first determine which part of your application is requiring these dll's. Are you using any VISA components for your GPIB and USB communication? What devices and drivers are you using for them? I found a discussion thread that relates to this issue. It's not exactly applicable but may be of some help.
Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,487 Views)