LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application crashes after closing LabVIEW instance with Scilab 5.2.2

I use LV 8.21 with the LabVIEW to Scilab Gateway software Version 1.1 (new version from NI homepage)

I have Scilab Version 5.2.2 installed. We will do some calculation with the LabVIEW Scilab script node.

Mainly use a call "exec (functionA,-1) Scilab script node. The functionA is a scriptfile outside of the application.

So far everything is working fine, I can build a LabVIEW application with the application builder.

If I run the application the calculation inside the Scilab script node are proceeding; I can call

it many times in a loop without no problem.

But if I close the instance (the VI with the Scilab script node inside) the application crashes.

The same problem I have in the LabVIEW development environment   Smiley Indifferent

Is there a way to "unload" Scilab before I close the VI without a crash. After the Scilab

calculation I have to close the calling VI and call some other VIs for further calculation

(but this VIs have no Scilab call)

I tried with the "exit" and "quit" command in Scilab script node, no success

any suggestion

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,693 Views)

Hello,

It sounds like this is related to a general problem with Scilab 5.2.2.  See page 4 of this thread for some more information.  We have not seen this problem with Scilab 5.1.1.  Perhaps you can use the older version until we investigate the problem with the Scilab developers?

Grant M.
Senior Software Engineer | LabVIEW MathScript | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,676 Views)

Hello

thanks for the advice. I tried with version 5.1.1   ...    but no success!

So I went straight back to version 4.1.1 and it works fine, of course I had to remove the comments from the script node  Smiley Wink

So fare I can work with this version.

So what are the time schedule to fix this problem? It is a very useful tool an I would like to use the latest version of scilab and not an old version.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,629 Views)

Hello,

The fix to the issue required changes to the Scilab software as well.  We now have a new version of the LabVIEW to Scilab Gateway available.  Download it from http://bit.ly/ScilabLabVIEW.  You will also need to use Scilab 5.3, available from http://www.scilab.org.

Grant M.
Senior Software Engineer | National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,395 Views)

Hello

Just as a feedback. I am running SCILAB Version 5.4 with LabVIEW 2010 SP1 (and LV 8.21) with the NI SCILAB-Gateway Version 1.3 32bit with success. No problem so far.

Thanks for the support and the big work on the gateway.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,274 Views)