LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application control sub palette

Hi

I have problem in the use of application sub palette in LabVIEW.
I need advice and links that helps me understand these functions and why to use them in calling VIs

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,306 Views)
The app control palette allows, as its name suggests, to control your application.
Basically, this means opening\closing\manipulating VIs, controls and indicators dynamically as the program runs (for example, opening a VI and not waiting for it to finish or hiding controls).
You could start by reading Chapter 17 of the LV user manual (Help>>Search the LabVIEW Bookshelf). This may not be very readable, but it will show you the basics and give you different concepts and terms which you can then search for. You can also look at the examples supplied with LV.
Another option would be to look here. You will find mostly example code, but that shouldn't hurt. The best bet would be searching for "tutorial" and terms like "VI server".

(2,298 Views)
This is a big palette with lots of very different functions (VI references, property and invoke nodes, menu and cursor handling, etc..).

In addition to what tst said, remember that you can enable context help (control-H) and see a more detailed description in the context help window when hovering over an item in the palette. For even more details, use the "Click here for more help" or place any item on your diagram then select "right-click...help".

Just go and explore it on your own. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,292 Views)