From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application built with LabVIEW can't find ni_opcua_client.dll

Application built with LabVIEW and using OPC UA cliens VIs can't run on target system. If I build executable and installer with default settings, I see this error messages:

Errors1.jpg

If I build executable and installer with "Remove unused polymorphic VI instances" and "Remove unused members of project libraries" checkboxes cleared, then I see this error messages:

Errors2.jpg

But ni_opcua_client.dll and ni_opcua_utilities.dll are placed in .\data folder by installer. I have tried to build executable in LabVIEW versions 2012, 2012f3, 2013 and 2013f2, with Enable Enhanced DSC Run-Time support and  Enhanced DSC Deployment Support options enabled and without.

What I do wrong?

Target OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit MUI
Host OS: Windows XP Professional 32-bit Russian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(4,633 Views)

DSC has a runtime engine liable to cost.

See here for the information.

I assume that you do not activate that license on the target.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(4,608 Views)

@Norbert_B wrote:

DSC has a runtime engine liable to cost.

See here for the information.

I assume that you do not activate that license on the target.

Norbert

I have DSC runtime license bought. But after I install application from installer built with Application Builder no NI License Manager or license files can be found on the target system. Should I download and install DSC runtime separately?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(4,600 Views)

As the NILM and the license files are not part of your executable, simply packing the exe (and the directly depending files) is not sufficient to have a valid DSC runtime installation.

You can do two different things:

a) Get an installer for the DSC runtime engine by download or from the DVDs you possibly got by purchasing the license

b) Make sure to add the installer of DSC runtime in your installation package you create from your development system.

I never checked out option b) myself, but it *should* work.

The main reason for chosing a) or b) is "how many systems do you have to install" and "how many installer do you want to execute on each of these systems".

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(4,593 Views)

I have installed  LabVIEW 2012 SP1 DSC module runtime from DVD, application seems to be working. Do I need  to buy DCS runtime license for each installation of my application?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(4,525 Views)

I am not sure, but i think that you have one runtime license included in the development license. But if you install more system, you require additional runtime licenses, yes.

I recommend you to talk to your local NI sales representative to determine your needs and how NI can help you in that (e.g. discount for increasing amount of licenses required).

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(4,520 Views)
Hi,

Has this been solved? Can OPC UA be used with LabVIEW 64 - bit?
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(4,447 Views)

I believe the only LabVIEW Toolkit that is currently available for LabVIEW 64 bit is the IMAQ Vision Toolkit. Some others that only consist of VIs can be used on 64 bit LabVIEW but there is no installer for that. You have to copy the VIs out of a 32 bit installation.

LabVIEW DSC being heavily dependent on external compiled components however won't be possible to be copied from a 32 bit system at all.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(4,431 Views)

Hi Rolf,

Thank you for your feedback. For OPC UA, if I edit LabVIEW 64-bit pallete to link to the VI's in the 32-bit, do you know whether it will work or not? I don't need the full blown DSC module, just on the OPC UA only. I've read that OPC UA is independant of platform, so I hope this enables it to run in 64-bit LabVIEW.

Shazlan

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(4,414 Views)

Hi Shazlan,

To use  OPC UA functions you have to install DCS Module runtime and buy deployment license for each installation of your program. I have tried to copy OPC UA VIs into my project, it doesn't work. Anyway, it is violation of the license. AFAIK, OPC UA functions also available in the Real-Time Module, but I'm afraid that deployment rules are same.

Message 10 of 18
(4,404 Views)