LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application builder error 1055

ed. cross-post: http://lavag.org/topic/18047-application-builder-error-1055/

Hello everyone

I have a big problem with building applications lately. The build is running fine until the end, when it throws:

Error 1055 occurred at Property Node in VISL_findDependentVISvr.vi->VISL_findAndProcessVISvrList.vi->VISL_detectAndCopyVISvr.vi->AB_Engine_Copy_CustomIOServer_Files.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Engine_Build.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi->AB_Build_Invoke.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Object reference is invalid.

Has anyone seen this error in app builder? Does anyone have any idea how can I resolve this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 20
(6,504 Views)

Hi PiDi,

What version of LabVIEW which you are using? Are you building an executable that has LabVIEW DSC in it (or used it in the VI)? Or do you have LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control installed in your computer?

If so, have you tried the following?: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B73AD7720D14B90D8625759C00723024?OpenDocument

Warmest regards,

Lennard.C 

Learning new things everyday...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 20
(6,429 Views)

Dear Pidi,

We're currently tracking a issue with the LabVIEW DSC module. Do you have this module installed on youd PC? Are you using any part of it?

If so, please try uninstalling the module and disabling the parts that are using it to see if it could cause the problem. Obviously, this is no final solution, but if it fixes the errors you are experiencing with the application builder, we can pinpoint DSC as the root cause.

Please let me know of your results.

Kind regards: 

Andrew Valko
National Instruments Hungary
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 20
(6,396 Views)

Lennard, Valko

I'm using LV 2013 f2. Let me give you some more details and... The story how I fixed it:

The project is pretty big (~1500 VIs) and highly object-oriented (~300 classes). It has RT (PXI) and PC part. Some of the classes are shared between PC and RT. The problem with build was present only on PC - build for RT was ok.

I had DSC module installed, but it was not used in this project at all. Despite that, when I found information from Lennards link, I've tried to build it using "Enable Enhanced DSC Run-Time support". It didn't help. I started to wonder if the sharing of classes between RT and PC has something to do with the problem. So I refactored the project, splitted it into two projects (one for PC, one for PXI) and reduced number of shared classes (especially some specific classes, which implement "threads"). Afterwards, the build could be done just fine, but only in those refactored projects.

Now for the plot twist: before refactoring, I've tried to build the project on another computer. It was build without any problems! So I started to look for the differences. First of all, just before the build I've updated one of our internal libraries in VIPM and changed its name - so it was my main suspect (I needed to update dependencies in project as the change of VIPM package name changed it folder in vi.lib). This + disconnecting code from VIs and I though that I've just found another way of destroying LV compiler completely. Still, I couldn't fix it in any way...

As per Valko suggestion I've uninstalled DSC module completely. Once again - my project does not explicitly use this module at all! Removing the module didn't broke anything in the project. And guess what? The build was done without problems! I've even tried to do this build again on the code revision before refactoring, and the build was done!

tl;dr: REALLY NI!!?!? REALLY!? YOU'VE BROKEN SOMETHING IN THE MODULE WHICH I DON"T EVEN EXPLICITLY USE AND MADE ME LOSE FEW DAYS OF WORK JUST TO FIND IT OUT? REEEEAAAAALYYYYY!?

Message 4 of 20
(6,373 Views)

Hi,

let me just add, that I had exactely the same problem:

Pretty large project, highly object-orientated, many classes and nested libraries. Just as mentioned from "PiDi" I did not use any DSC functions. Compiling, though, failed with error 1055. Trying to enable "Enhanced DSC Run-Time support" did not help at all. However, de-installing the DSC-Add-On-Modules from my LabView-Installation DID FIX the problem.

I would be really pleased if NI fixed this issue, since I use cascaded libraries and classes pretty often and deinstalling DSC for me is not an long-term option either.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 20
(6,330 Views)

Dear PiDi, NordicViking,

As far as my knowledge goes on the subject, this issue has been fixed in the recently released LabVIEW 2013 SP1

Kind regards:

Andrew Valko
National Instruments Hungary
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 20
(6,318 Views)

Hi,

this issue is listed under CAR-ID 418924 and should be fixed with LabVIEW 2013 SP1.

You can fix the error in an previous Version of LabVIEW, if you deinstall the DSC module.

Regards, Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 20
(6,314 Views)

I can confirm that this still happens on LV 2013 SP1 13.0.1f2.

Pleasant way to spend two hours, at least I know to leave DSC uninstalled.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 20
(6,095 Views)

The 2017 version still has this problem.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 20
(5,022 Views)

Still present in 2018. Hadn't had this issue in 2011 or 2014.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 20
(4,645 Views)