From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application builder adds additional select instr.lib folders

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

When I build my application, the Application Builder decides that it should include additional directories instead of the default files (data directory, .aliases, .exe, and .ini files). The additional directories include files that are named the same in various instr.lib's but are in different libraries, i.e. Close.vi or Initialize.vi. In my project explorer are there no unresolved dependancies. Does anyone know why this may be happening?

I just marked out the company name in blue if you were wondering.Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,493 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author abeaver

What version of LabVIEW are you using?  If you are using 2009 or above, there is an option to use the 8.X format for the executable.  It is one of the advanced options in the build specification.  You do NOT want to do that.  In the 8.X format, the VIs are saved in the executable as a flat directory.  This means that any VI that was named the same, regardless of library association, would conflict.  This would cause those libraries to be saved outside of the executable.

If you are using the newer format, the executable keeps a directory hierarchy, just like a zip file.  So you won't have the name conflicts in that instance.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,483 Views)

You're the man!

Why is that the default option?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,478 Views)

abeaver wrote:

Why is that the default option?

Seems silly to me as well.  But I think it was for backwards compatibility with all of the code out there that relied on finding a folder by using VI Path and stripping twice (VI, then EXE).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 4
(2,447 Views)