cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Builder not working

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Folks.

I am having trouble building this application. When I try and open it I get the following error (attached also).

Exception: Access violation (0xC0000005) at EIP=0x772D8E19

Version: 1.0.0.0

When I run as a VI in labview it runs fine with no problems but when I build it with the application builder I cannot open the .exe file.

The project only consists of 1 VI which opens an executable file from the command line, implements a few key presses to generate a QR code from the called file, Then cropps it and saves it.

Is it something to do with how I am building the application. If it works within labview surely it should work when built.

I have built other projects which call the .exe from the command line and they open fine but I'm not sure about this one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,168 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MarkGreally

Code sems overly sequential with lots of duplicate ode and it uses 100% of a CPU core when doing nothing. There should be a small wait in the false case of the big case structure. Couldn't you combine all into a single long U8 array once and use a single autoidenxing FOR loop? Code would fit on a postcard! I would also use "build path" to create the paths.

In any case, why do the CLFNs use a relative path ("..\Windows\System32\user32.dll")? Try to change it to "user32.dll" instead.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,155 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I changed to "user32.dll" and now it works fine. 

I will take your advice and make more efficient code. I'm new to labview so just trying to get stuff working at the moment.

Why did changing it to "user32.dll" instead of leaving it as the default  fix the problem. I would never have thought to have changed that.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,139 Views)

The file user32.dll is in the system search path, so it will always be found given the name alone. I am not sure what will happen if you give it a specific relative path, but since it is relative to something, it might not look in the right location. Sorry, I don't know how things are handled in detail.

This was just a wild guess and I am glad that it fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,116 Views)

Me to, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,098 Views)