Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Builder error code -12

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm trying to build an installer. I received the following message:

Click the link below to visit the Application Builder support page. Use the following information as a reference:

CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller >> CDK_Item_OnDoProperties.vi >> AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi >> AB_UI_Frmwk_Installer.lvclass:Build.vi >> Installer.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Build.vi >> IB_MSI.lvclass:Engine_Build.vi >> NI_MDF.lvlib:MDFBuildDist_Build.vi

The following errors and warnings were recorded during the build:

Error:
An internal Windows function returned an error.
Code:

Any idea?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,169 Views)

Well, if you'd attached your Project (compress the Folder containing the Project and attach the resulting .zip file), we could give it a try and perhaps help you, or at least see for ourselves what you are doing and perhaps figure out why you are getting Error Messages.  Would you like us to guess?

Bob Schor

[Hint -- attach your Project ...]

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,139 Views)

Hi Bob,

thank you very much for your answer. I didn't post anythink because I received that error for every installer I try to create. Today, Labview crash if I try to build an installer. I'll try to reinstall the application builder. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,098 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fabio.int

With one exception (of at least a dozen attempts), I've never had success trying to reinstall a piece of a LabVIEW installation, and was eventually forced to do a "Remove All" for NI Software and a complete re-install, making sure I rebooted frequently, especially before installing Device Drivers.  If the limited "repair" fails, "starting over" is not a painful as it sounds ...

Bob Schor

Message 4 of 4
(3,084 Views)