LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append report text adds

My data is being saved with a block at the end of the data. It appears to becoming in with a star due to using Array to Spreadsheet String VI. Not sure what to do to get rid of the block. The complete VI that is giving me trouble is attached.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,668 Views)

Hi gbails,

Do you have a sample set of data that shows the behavior that you are seeing with the Array to Spreadsheet String VI?

Thanks,

-SS

Message 2 of 9
(2,647 Views)

It may be a control character.  Try reading the "block" into a string indicator with Codes Display enabled.  It may be a null character (0x00).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
Message 3 of 9
(2,644 Views)

Also, I forgot to mention you can use Hex Display to show the actual hex code as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 9
(2,641 Views)

When I use indicators the data is shown with a * at the end after the array to spreadsheet string sub vi. I am assuming that is what is causing the error. I tried to attach a spreadsheet with some sample data, E has the data that was entered by this VI. The end of the data has the block that I am seeking to prevent from being written.  

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,628 Views)

I copied this to a string control and it clearly shows two CR.  One within quotes and one after.  It's the one after that is giving you the block.  Check your VI, Write to spreadsheet string.  There is an extra CR coming from somewhere.

Message 6 of 9
(2,626 Views)

What does CR stand for? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,622 Views)

Carriage Return (Enter key without the line feed).  Are you appending this to your data anywhere?  It could also be included with any text data you are entering.

Carriage Return.png

Message 8 of 9
(2,616 Views)

Not sure how but appears it must be caused by the Append labview report VI. I have attached a more simplfied vi. With notes maybe this can show you more about my problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,609 Views)