LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Append data column wise into binary file

Hello folk,

I need to write 19200000 data into binary file. This data is stored into TDMS file. The file is of 32 channels with 600000 samples for each channel.  Now I need to write binary file with 32 columns and 600000 rows. 

Doing this with two dimension array lead me to memory full error. Hence I need to write each channel data as soon as I read without building an array. 

Please suggest me how to append this channel data into binary file. 

Your help will be truly appreciated. 

Thank you 

CLAD
Passionate for LabVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,507 Views)

Hi Jatin,

do you want to store the data in a TDMS file or in a binary file?

When it comes to problem in using 2D arrays then why don't you save your channels as 1D arrays?

Mind to show a VI to explain the problem?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 4
(2,503 Views)

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Jatin,

do you want to store the data in a TDMS file or in a binary file?

When it comes to problem in using 2D arrays then why don't you save your channels as 1D arrays?

Mind to show a VI to explain the problem?

I write data into TDMS file in my RT code. Now I need to convert this file into binaray file. My channels are saved in 1D array format. Since I have 32 channels and for better observation I want to convert .tdms file to binary file with every column having 600000 data. 

First I made a code with 2D array format. It works fine but for lesser samples. With raised requirement I need to go with 1D array. 

I have attached a code with 2D array format. 

CLAD
Passionate for LabVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,493 Views)

Hello GredW,

Thanks for your concern. 

Here is my upgraded code too with 1D array format. But it writes data into 1 column only. 

CLAD
Passionate for LabVIEW
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,484 Views)