LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppCrash with module name StackHash in Windows 7

Hi Everyone,

I have a very unusual application crash in Windows 7. My application is very complex, written in Labview 8.6.1 having AI/Ao/Di DAQmx channel acquisition as well as PLC communication using Ethernet Modebus as well as control of high speed camera. My application is used in automotive fast events capture for testing different safety devices in car for shocks simulations.

Please take a look at the attached picture message.

My application called SureFire is running properly in my windows 7 DELL computer but my company purchased some computers controllers build by a local computer company in which for the last two computers I noticed application crash. Drivers are all the same in DELL and for all shipped other computers, I also tried to install SureFire which was shipped and properly worked a month ago but in these last two computer is crashing.

Please check the attachment and come up with any idea when this type of crash can happen.

Thank you,

Virginia

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(8,680 Views)

Virginia

Am I right in understanding that you developed SureFire in LabVIEW 8.6.1?  Is the only difference between the computers the manufacturer?

This sounds like an error that could be related to Data Execution Prevention.  If so, following the steps below should resolve the issue.

1. In the Start menu, right-click on Computer and select Properties
  2. In the System properties window, select Advanced system settings
  3. Under the Performance section of the Advanced tab, click the Settings... button
  4. On the Data Execution Prevention tab, select the Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select option
  5. Click the Add... button
  6. Browse to the executable that launches SureFire (or whichever application causes the crash) and Open that file
  7. Click Apply or OK to save your changes

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(8,652 Views)