LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone used Labview at home?

I was wondering if anyone has used their Labview skills at home for some kind of fun project. There was a thread some time ago where someone used it as a part of their model train sysetm and another where they used it to control their refridgerator while waiting for a part to come in

I was wondering if there were any other real-world examples of using Labview at home to accomplish some task or a home project?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,424 Views)

a beer brewing process executive

Was presented to the MLUG reciently

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,415 Views)

Science project with my son (when he was in 6th grade -- he is now a Captain in the US Army).

I also worked for a magazine (PEIN) several years ago and wrote all the data analysis code for our annual reader's survey in LV -- not exactly a "home" application, but I was working at home.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,383 Views)

Not as much as I used to but it's a good way to keep your skills sharp. Too much fun (and cheap) stuff to play with ... microcontrollers and sensors, mostly. 

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,355 Views)

LabVIEW is a bit expensive for most home hobbyist. Well, at least it was before Sparkfun bundled the student version with an Arduino for $50.  So, many of the home users will also be arduino users. You might want to check out their discussion forum. The things there are much more hardware related than software, but if you ask the same question there you might get some interesting answers as well. 

If you ask the question there as well, please cross link them.

Good Luck,

Bob Young

Message 5 of 5
(2,284 Views)