LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have the 2012 setup util for RIO Eval Kit? Also, question on simulating FPGA

Awesome, I only had to do step 1 and reboot, and then I was able to enter the IP address of the RIO, and the RIO shows up. Hopefully I can update the software now. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(704 Views)

When I change the FPGA vi to run on the development computer, it breaks the RT vi, which gives an error message "The FPGA VI Execution mode, Execute on the Development Computer, is not supported on Real-Time targets." Does this mean I just can't simulate using the evaluation board? 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(686 Views)

You can still simulate the FPGA by just running your FPGA VI, but if you want to simulate the host-target communication, then you can only do that from Windows. Fortunately, all you have to do is change your RT VI by right-clicking on the lower left-hand corner of the window, and select "My Computer". This will let you simulate your "RT" code on Windows (timing is in no way accurate when simulating RT VIs on Windows).

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Cheers!

TJ G
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(672 Views)

One more thing, if the power is unplugged would I have to configure it all over again? 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(650 Views)

Do you mean if you unplug the power to the board while your project is running? There will be a notification in LabVIEW that the target has been disconnected, but it shouldn't affect the configurations you made in LabVIEW regarding which target you want the code to run on. Please clarify the question if this isn't what part of the process you were asking about. 

Thank you, 

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(632 Views)

All right, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(628 Views)