LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any LabView Example code of using NI USB-8451 to write/read data from i2c device?

Looking for a quick Top level example Labview Code to be able to read/write to i2c SEEPROM devices using an NI USB-8451 as a controller.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(9,881 Views)
I've never used that device, as we opted for the much cheaper U2C-12 made by Diolan. I would have thought that examples would have shipped with it. You can start by looking at this KB article: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4692
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(9,863 Views)
Hello abon27,

There are some great examples in the Example Finder (LabVIEW Help Menu»Find Examples).  Select Hardware Input and Output, then I2C and SPI (see the picture below).

If you need futher help getting started programming, the NI 845x Software Users Manual has some very good information.  In particular for your needs, take a look at Chapter 5 in that manual, it details the LabVIEW API implementation of I2C. 

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Meghan R
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Message Edited by Meghan R on 07-28-2008 02:10 PM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(9,846 Views)

i cannot found the I2C example in labview8.2. can anyone help? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(9,675 Views)

This is a VI I wrote to program an Analog Devices digital potentiometer (AD5172).  It worked well until a wiring mishap damaged the I2C device...  I replaced it with an Aardvark controller.

jm

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(9,664 Views)

jm: the VI you posted is in 8.5, and the new poster indicated they have 8.2, so they will not be able to open your example.

ct loh: those examples would only get installed if you installed the software for the USB-8451. You would need to indicate during the installation to include LabVIEW support and LabVIEW examples. Have you installed this software?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(9,656 Views)

smercurio...: abon27 is the poster; ct loh specified 8.2.

ct loh: here's the file in 8.2

jm

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(9,649 Views)

jcarmody wrote:

smercurio...: abon27 is the poster; ct loh specified 8.2.

I know. That's why I said new poster. Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(9,646 Views)

Smiley MadArrrrgh...  You're right!  Thanks for the Smiley Wink!  I deserved worseSmiley Sad...

jmSmiley Happy

Jim

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(9,643 Views)

Hi, smercurio - Thanks, i can find the examples after i installed the driver.

Hi JM - I can not open the file the given by you. There is an error - "Labview: End of file encountered.

The file 'I2C Adjust Resistance.vi' is not a valid Labview file."

Hope you can help. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(9,615 Views)