LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoying issue with "Small Fonts" typeface in Windows 7

Hi

I just ran into the same problem. I am working on Win7 64 Bit German OS. For one application I had to to a translation to russian with cyrillic letters. This requires to set the Windows regional settings to russion or alike. After finishing my work on this, I switched the regional settings back to German and since then my smal font in the icon editor is not the same. It is exactly as described in the beginning of the post.

This is freaking me out, because the icon font is important to me. Does anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Thanks

D. Ackermann

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(678 Views)
My suggestion is to check Windows support forums since this is clearly a Windows problem, not a LabVIEW problem. Also consider that this is a really, really rare problem.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(674 Views)

Well, the icon editor is based on small fonts and I had to change my regional settings because LabVIEW does not officially support unicode. So for me it is a LabVIEW problem. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(664 Views)

@DAckermann wrote:

Well, the icon editor is based on small fonts and I had to change my regional settings because LabVIEW does not officially support unicode. So for me it is a LabVIEW problem. 

It's a Windows problem that surfaced while working around a LabVIEW issue.  😉

I think I've seen this before.  It was a looong tme ago, so I might be recalling incorrectly, but I believe it was because there were multiple versions of small font installed!  Check to see if there is another version of small fonts to choose from.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(633 Views)