LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Announce] New S7 PLC communication library - Open Source.

Hi All,

I published a library for communicating with Siemens S7300/400/1200/1500 PLC and SINAMICS drives.

This is not (only) an usual driver for reading/writing data into a PLC, but a set of three objects that allow the full integration of a PC into a PLC chain.

Among other things it is possible to connect a commercial HMI panel/scada to your applications or managing unsolicited data transfers from a PLC using the robust S7 Protocol.

There is a native 32/64 bit LabVIEW interface library composed by 83 vis and a glue dll that allows the use of generic buffers.

Online and offline detailed documentation (260 manual pages) and a LabVIEW dedicated section with many examples is provided.

Comments, criticism and suggestions to improve and bug fix the library are warmly welcomed.

I hope can help..

Thanks for your time.

Dave

http://snap7.sourceforge.net
http://www.facebook.com/snap7.project

I want to remark that this is not a commercial advertisement, the project is free and open 

source.

Message 1 of 7
(6,841 Views)

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for your effort and this nice tool to mix labview and PLC's. 

I am labview programmer but first time that I must to work with PLC. I have read you nice documentation (Snap7 project website) but I am not sure if i understand how to start the connection. Should I run or start anything out of labview to be able to stablish a connection between PC(labview) and Siements S7 PLC. 

I just need a small script to be able to read 4 block of memory into the PLC in "real-time" and then make something with them into labview. 

Regards, 

GoNZ

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,278 Views)

Hi,

I don't understand what do you mean for "script".

The PLC doesn't need any communication function/program, the S7Protocol is the native way to communicate and it's handled by firmware.

Snap7, PC-side, uses only the OS socket layer. 

If the PLC is "pingable", you don't need anything else.

There are several demos into the LabVIEW folder, all them contain the connection, and the the easiest to understand them is to try.

Particularly, to read memory blocks, look at ReadArea.vi into /LabVIEW/Examples/Client

Regards

Davide Nardella

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,241 Views)

Just a little post to thank you for this open source library.

It's working really great for my needs with a S7-1200 (read/write I/Os). It also avoids the expensive OPC solution!

Thanks again,

Hugues

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,975 Views)

Hi,

I try to use your application for transfert data with a S7 1500 , i use ReadArea.vi for this but every time i have an error CLI : function refuse by CPU.

For make S7 application i use TIA13 , there is some problem ? I need TIA 12 ? I make all setting on the DB and CPU like instruction.

Best regards

Damiano Frigerio

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,714 Views)

Hi,

I need to work with s71200, but the connection seems not OK. Is any requirement on TIA version? I am using TIA13.

Thanks, Jane

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,450 Views)

Yes, you need to configure the DB and the GET/PUT access, look here (S7 1200/1500 notes chapter).

http://snap7.sourceforge.net/snap7_client.html#target_compatibility

No more no less that you should do for a commercial (not Siemens) HMI

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,429 Views)